I felt this book was very sad , but also very happy at times. For example, at the very end when Stew Cat and Phillip got rescued, the mood was very happy, but when Timothy died after the hurricane, the mood was very sad and melancholy.
I felt this book to be very interesting and sad. Some reasons why it is so interesting is because Phillip, Timothy, and stew cat eat biscuits, chocolate, and a little bit of water all day long. The Cay can also be very sad at times like when Timothy died and Phillip had to do everything by himself like getting food to eat on the island wall he was blind that to me was really sad.
@ Chelsea - If you feel that the novel/story was a very sad one, how did that make you feel? Did you make any ? Please elaborate on your connections! :)
@ Hummingbird Simpson - Can you elaborate on one of your connections that you made?
Personally I found this book to be slightly calm. For example, when Phillip went blind. Most people would panic, say that everything is horrible and that they hate life. Though Phillip wasn't as scared of it. Also another example would be how Phillip acted after Timothy died. He didn't think that he had no chance and there was no point trying to survive but insted he did what was needed and got prepared for alternative outcomes.
I connected with it because I know what it feel like for some one that is close to you that has died, because my grandpa died when I was a young age and I kind of felt like Phillip a bit when Timothy died.
@Chelsea Like HILLCREST BLOG mentioned I agree that you should go more into detail about how you felt about it. Although I will agree that The Cay has a very neutral mood swaying between happy and sad.
I felt this book was very sad , but also very happy at times. For example, at the very end when Stew Cat and Phillip got rescued, the mood was very happy, but when Timothy died after the hurricane, the mood was very sad and melancholy.
ReplyDeleteI felt this book to be very interesting and sad. Some reasons why it is so interesting is because Phillip, Timothy, and stew cat eat biscuits, chocolate, and a little bit of water all day long. The Cay can also be very sad at times like when Timothy died and Phillip had to do everything by himself like getting food to eat on the island wall he was blind that to me was really sad.
ReplyDelete@ Chelsea - If you feel that the novel/story was a very sad one, how did that make you feel? Did you make any ? Please elaborate on your connections! :)
ReplyDelete@ Hummingbird Simpson - Can you elaborate on one of your connections that you made?
Personally I found this book to be slightly calm. For example, when Phillip went blind. Most people would panic, say that everything is horrible and that they hate life. Though Phillip wasn't as scared of it. Also another example would be how Phillip acted after Timothy died. He didn't think that he had no chance and there was no point trying to survive but insted he did what was needed and got prepared for alternative outcomes.
ReplyDeleteI connected with it because I know what it feel like for some one that is close to you that has died, because my grandpa died when I was a young age and I kind of felt like Phillip a bit when Timothy died.
ReplyDelete@Chelsea
ReplyDeleteLike HILLCREST BLOG mentioned I agree that you should go more into detail about how you felt about it. Although I will agree that The Cay has a very neutral mood swaying between happy and sad.
@CHELSEA
ReplyDeleteYou should add a bit more detial and a bit more trasition words but other wise then that I loved it.:D