1.) Write a prediction about what you think your novel will be about. Include enough information in your response to describe the 5 W's (Where, what, when, why , who, and also how). Double check what you have written to make sure you have included everything that is required. Be as creative as you would liek to be with your prediction. Remember, it does not matter if your prediction isn't actually what the novel is about. The idea of writing a prediction is to get your ideas flowing! The minimum number of sentences for this assignment is 6. Don't forget, you must write in full and complete sentences! :) Have fun!
2.) Respond to at least one response.
For the book "The Cay" I predict that this book will be about a boy and a man who get washed up on a beach. The old man has a pet cat that he loves. Although the boy for some reason doesn't like him nor his cat. They have to probably try to stay alive being stuck on a beach with no one nearby. They will have to surpass their differences and work together to survive. In the end they'll learn to trust each other and get away form the island and survive.
ReplyDeleteI predict this book will be about a little boy and a West Indian man and the west Indians mans cat that he adores. I also think that the little boy and the West Indian man were on a boat on a windy rainy day and the boat went incontrollable it was so incontrollable that the boat got washed up on a island, and the boat got shipwrecked on that island. I also think that until the little boy and the West Indian man get rescued they will have to survive with what is on the island.
ReplyDelete@JOE JOLTZ
ReplyDeleteI loved your prediction and how creative you were with supporting sentences but maybe next time you should put a bit more transition words in your connecion. :D
@hummingbird Simpson
ReplyDeleteI thought that your prediction was very well written. I also like the use of vocabulary with incontrollable which was a very suitable word for your prediction. Next time try to use more of a variety of transitions other than "I also" =D
I predict that the book "The Cay" will be about a boy and a West Indian man that go on a boat a rainy and windy day, and end up getting shipwrecked on an island. Also, I think that when the boy gets shipwrecked with this Indian man, he is first mean and rude, because his mother is a racist, but then when he really gets to meet him, he ends up liking him and he also finds out the discrimination is a horrible thing, so him and the west-Indian man try to survive together alone on the island.
ReplyDelete@ Joe Joltz - Great prediction! However did you predict that there would be a cat in the novel? That's amazing! Also, please use transition words next tie as your prediction did not have any. :)
ReplyDelete@ Hummingbird Simpson - Try not to put too many ideas into individual sentences. Don't forget your transition words - they make your sentences flow more smoothly. Also, please review comma and apostrophe usage.
@ Chelse - Interesting prediction!
@ Everyone - Can I assume that you all started reading your novels before writing your predictions? ;) Please repost to this assignment and post a quick prediction as to what you thought the novel was going to be about before you started reading the novel. :)
I think The Cay will be about a white kid and a black man and a cat who are shipwrecked on a remote island and they need someone to help them. Day by day they are slowly running of food and water and still no sign of help. As the days go by they start going crazy because of the boredom. At last they decide no help is coming and they must get out by working together which is hard since the boy comes from where black people and white people don't like eachother. I think this because of the title and the picture
ReplyDeleteA connection I had with a character was Phillip. I connected with Phillip because both me and Phillip had to move away from our friends. For example, when I was 6, I had to move schools and homes, and had to leave my friends, like how Phillip had to leave his home, and go somewhere more safe from the war.
ReplyDelete