Monday, 9 May 2011

Assignment #4 - Visualization / Setting

Imagine you are the main character in the novel. Describe the setting and your surroundings given what you know about the story.  Be as descriptive as possible (use lots of adjectives when appropriate) and use transition words.

7 comments:

  1. Im on a raft, with only a few biscuits, dry matches, a small amount of water, and also a black man named Timothy, and the cook's cat, Stew. Timothy is smart, but one of the most stubborn man I know. He always needs it to be the way he thinks would be the best, but I dont mind that much, because he saved my life from Man-eating sharks when I fell off the small raft we are on. However, if this wasn't bad enough, as the days went on, I slowly became blind, and Timothy got us onto a small island. We were happy we were on an island instead of a small raft surrounded by many sharks, but I was sad that I couldn't see it. Everyday we're on the island, the only thing I can do is sit down, and feel the warm sand, or pet the cook's cat Stew, as he would purr loudly. The reason why I'm on this Island with Timothy and Stew, is because there was a war where I used to live, so me and my mom sailed off to try to live somewhere more safe. However, as you can tell, it didn't go well, because in the middle of nowhere, a torpedo had gotten formed, and now I'm stuck on an island, waiting for someone to save me, Timothy, and Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I stay here at my home in Willemstad it isn't safe. With the war happening nobody is safe. My mother forces me aboard a small ship to escape the Island I didn't want to leave. Suddenly while were in open sea we get obliterated by a torpedo from a German Submarine. I black out and don't know where I am. I can see a Black man and a cat. When the man slowly approaches me I learn his name is Timothy and he is trying to escape too. I quickly learn that Timothy is a stubborn old man though he is reliable. As the days go by I begin to become blind. I get very scared and learn that without Timothy's help I will not make it off the island. Time passes and I learn how to cope with my blindness with much of Timothy's help. Although Things seem fine we still have to remember the fact that were still on the island. We will need help and we will need it soon. Stew Cat, Timothy, and I need off of this island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine being dizzy seeing colors in your head and waking up to a black man named Timothy and also a cat named stew slobering all over your face well that is Phillip's day. Would you like biscuits, chocolate, and a bit of water everday well that's what Phillip, Timothy ,and stew cat eat everday. Becoming blind Phillip's life got harder he can not see his family members, he can not watch movies, and he can barrley do anyting he use to do. Timothy is such a sweet, nice,and smart guy but he can get really frustrated in seconds. Phillip has to feel the island to know where he is he can feel the warm dreaded sand crinkled between his toes he can feel the cool brezze go through his spin and also he can feel the blasted ray of sunshine hiting his face when it is sunny. However the worst has already started on that island because all of a sudden torpedo got formed somewhere on the island and know there is know way for Phillip,Timothy,and stew cat to get home. However Phillip ,Timothy and stew cat are still strugling for rescue but the only question know is are they going to get rescued?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chelsea
    I loved reading your visualization because it was very high detailed and made me feel like I was actually there. I think that next time you may want to explain a little more what its like to be blind since that would be a weird and crazy feeling. All around though I think that your visualization was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chelsea
    I loved your visualization because it was so high detailed and made me feel like I was almost there. I enjoyed how you introduced all the characters and made your beggining have a very good image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JOE JOLTZ
    I loved how you put a lot of detail into your paragraphy but maybe next time you should add a bit more trasition words.:)

    ReplyDelete