1.) What do you think of your new novel? Give an honest opinion of what you like and what you dislike about the story.
REQUIREMENTS OF THIS ASSIGNMENT:
a.) You must have a minimum of 5 sentences ( I know most of you will have more)
b.) Support/back up your reasons with examples from the story.
c.) Use transition words (Example: However, also, in addition to, additionally, For example, To
illustrate, etc..)
My opinion of the Cay is that it is a really good book. The reasons why it is a good book is because first the Cay shows how dangerous it could be to be blind. The reason why it would be so dangerous to be blind is because phillip got a crack in his head and it made him blind and his head was feeling all dizzy and he could see colors and he could barely see what Timothy looked like. Also another reason why the Cay is such a good book is because the Cay is so intesting. The reason why the Cay is so intresting is because they have to survive on the island with barely anything and it still surprises me how brave phillip is. Finally the reason why he is so brave is because he is not even that old and he got shipwreaked on this island and he was not freaking out like I would of. Those are some of the reasons why I like this book.
ReplyDeletePersonally I think That The Cay is a great book that I'd recommend to many others. For example, I like how the author gave Timothy more of an accent than Philip and everything isn't trying to figure out who's talking. I also like The Cay because I found it interesting to see what it would be like to be blind, such as Philip. On top of that, I liked how even though Philip's blind and Timothy is quite vague about descriptions I can still visualize what different things look like. Finally, I thought it was interesting to hear about the attack going on where Philip lived and how they had to leave to survive. Basically How they made it out and escaped. These are just a few examples of why I generally think The Cay is a good book.
ReplyDelete@JOE JOLTZ
ReplyDeleteI loved the reasons why you like the Cay, also I liked the transition words you put into your opinion. : D
I think that The Cay is such an interesting and visualizing book. For example, its very visualizing because it is really detailed, and it is also very interesting because Timothy has an accent, which makes it very good.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it was a pretty educational too, because it teached you about the war, and also about how to survive on an island, or raft. I can't think of anything bad about this, book, because it so good, so those were some of the reasons why I think Cay is an awesome book. :)
@Hummingbird
ReplyDeleteYour paragraph was very good, and had lots of supporting sentences. :D
@CHELSEA
ReplyDeleteI loved your paragraph; I also loved your opinion on the Cay. :)
The Cay is an amazing book of friendship and survival. One thing that I like is the surprises. The surprises include Timothy dying after sleeping after the night of the storm. Another surprise is Phillip being able to see after getting glasses. Another thing I like is the storyline. THe storyline includes Phillip fleeing his country to find a safer place but gets stranded with Timothy on an island. Overall The Cay is an amazing book that I would like to read more about.
ReplyDelete@Game
ReplyDeleteI found your opinion very interesting to hear. Although a "Spoiler Alert" since I was at the part about when the storm first happened so it sort of ruined it. Also add different types of transitions, and watch your shift button and preview since you wrote THe.